Ideas for Praying
for Yourself & Others
Lord, I pray for: (names on prayer list)
(Ex: myself, family, friends (& their families),
church (& their families), government, missionaries, etc.)
-to have a close relationship with you, God, hearing Your voice and experiencing Your tender love and the joy of Your presence and the peace that comes from trusting You. Faith, hope, love, joy, peace, freedom, grace, wisdom, truth, excellent health, excellent finances, integrity, excellence, encouragement, & anointing. “More Love” that is patient, kind, doesn’t envy or boast, is not proud, rude, self-seeking, or easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs, does not delight in evil, rejoices with the truth, always protects, trusts, hopes, & perseveres. Without love we are nothing.
- confidence that God is who He says He is & can do what He says He can do. Confidence that we are who God says we are in Christ and that we can do what God says we can do.
- protection and safety. Angels to be sent to guide and protect us, safety as we travel and protection from evil people or demonic attack, and if it is not safe to go into a certain area that we would be redirected and extra angels sent to protect & guide us to a safe place. Please bless anyone who is cursing us by drawing them to you God and turning them from darkness to light, to love good & hate evil.
-To be victorious Christians who love & enjoy God, love His ways, His Word, and love others. Hear & Understand God’s Word and be doers of His Word, not just hearers. Hate evil & love good, be united in Christ, people of integrity, fully engaged worshippers, baptized in the Holy Spirit, using the gifts of the Spirit with the fruit of the spirit, generous, tithers who use money wisely, people of great faith, balanced and equipped, healthy relationships, marriages (if married) & families, delivered from addictions, growing in sensitivity to Your Spirit’s leading, maturity, depth of understanding, & godly character & furthering God’s kingdom
-healthy bodies, physical & emotional strength on a daily basis and long-term excellent health, protection from sickness, diseases or injury. Healing from any current sickness, disease, or injury. From the top of our heads to the bottom of our feet, from the right hand to the left, the inside to the outside, every bone, every muscle, every joint, every tendon, every ligament, every cartilage, every cell, every organ, every body system, (the circulatory, respiratory, immune, nervous, digestive, renal, urinary, endocrine, exocrine, musculoskeletal, & sensory systems), metabolism, hormones, blood pressure, blood sugar, oxygen levels, CO2 levels, life to good cells, death to bad cells. Blood vessels that are clean on the inside, strong and healthy on the outside. I remember Your benefits, God (Psalm 103) and thank You in advance for what You want to do. Help us to receive these benefits.
- wisdom to make good decisions in every area of life, grace to say no to ungodliness and worldy passions and to live self-controlled upright and godly lives in this present age while we wait, to turn from darkness to light. Confess sin & be cleansed.
- unity, wisdom, & humility in relationships. Reconciliation for any strained relationships. Quick to forgive and quick to apologize. Freedom from offenses, grumbling, complaining, slander, gossip, reckless words, & strife. Not to vent anger, but wisely hold it back, giving frustrations & worries/fears/anxieties to You, God. Great communication skills …to speak life using gracious, kind, gentle, wholesome, wise, truthful words, grace so our mouths will not sin, but be a tree of life and bring healing.
- open doors & favor wherever we go and for great relationships to be established with the people we come in contact with.
- courage & boldness to fearlessly proclaim the mystery of the gospel, clearly communicate Your word, Your character, the sinfulness of man, the sufficiency of Christ, the necessity of faith, and the urgency of eternity so effectively that many are saved.
- the hearts & minds of those who have not yet believed to be prepared to receive the gospel. (for God to draw them, give dreams, visions, send people to them to share God’s love, plant His Word in their hearts, others to water, etc.)
- Your word to spread rapidly & for many to be saved and come into Your kingdom and be discipled. Divine appointments.
-Your supernatural power to accompany us and for the gifts of the spirit to confirm the gospel message. Father, stretch out Your hand, to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus like you did in Acts 4:30 and even do extraordinary miracles like You did in Acts 19:11-12
-a good balance between work & rest/refreshing/recreation
-Thank you God that you will supply all our needs according to Your riches in glory.
Some of this is original and some of the words or ideas have been found on the following websites:
https://www.wycliffe.org/prayer/how-to-pray-for-missionaries https://www.allaboutprayer.org/prayers-for-missionaries-faq.htm https://www.imb.org/2016/11/08/16-ways-to-pray-for-missionaries/
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.(Isaiah 26:3)
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
(Eph 4:3) .
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message Colossians 4:2-3a
be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.(Eph 5:18b-20)
Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs,love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres Love never fails.
(1 Cor 13:4-8)
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. Ephesians 6:19a
Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.(Mark 16:17-18)
God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.
praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. (Acts 2:47)
There they spoke so effectively that a great number of Jews and Greeks believed.”(Acts 14:1)
Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. (Col 4:4,6)
Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we ask you to pray for us. Pray that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes, just as when it came to you. (2 Thessalonians 3:1)
Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19)
Pray, too, that we will be rescued from wicked and evil people, for not everyone is a believer 2 Thessalonians 3:2
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways (Psalm 91:11)
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation? (Heb 1:14)
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:19)
Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name Praise the Lord, my soul,and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.